Poisonous BUGS for cats

Is it harmbugsfull for a cat to eat bugs?

This is pretty normal behaviour for cats to hunt. It may happen that he/she will sometimes eat a bug. Most of the time, it can do no harm. A regular fly, worm, moth, butterfly, ladybug or spider, is no problem for cats. These insects are not poisonous and the cat will have no problem digesting it. but sometimes you can’t even identify the bug.

How to recognize if a bug is poisonous for your cat

If your cat has eaten a bug and you want to know if it is poisonous, try to identify the bug. If you know what bug or spider it is, you can easily research if it is poisonous or has venom. It is important to watch how your cat reacts. If your cat has trouble breathing, has a lot of saliva near its mouth or nose, or acts strange or unhealthy in any way, it is important that you contact a vet right away. Give any information about what kind of bug it is and at what time the cat ate the bug to your vet.

SNAILSsnail

Slugs and snails, when eaten by cats can infect the bloodstream, causing coughing and breathing problems. In some cases, if not treated quickly the condition can be fatal.

SNAILBAIT

Snail bait is extremely poisonous to cats and can result in a very painful death.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s